Welcome

LilyPadBioPic-2
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

1st Layout Published

On-Line Mag.Pub.

Preview

My Staedtler Pub.

Preview

An Amazing Experience

Thanks Jill

Featured on Inspired By
Shining the Light Challenge Award

Photography Tips

Photography Tutorials
2010-2014. Powered by Blogger.

April 8, 2012

Easter Blessings - Personal Ponderings Included

With snow falling, roads slippery, and owning a car with all-season tires, the chances of us getting to Sunday Easter service was out! Yes, we didn't get to go and most of the day I was feeling a little out of sorts. Every since Good Friday it felt like Sunday. Did you feel like that too? Kind of funny isn't it! Lol. Two Sundays in one week. I was happy that at least we got to attend the community wide Good Friday service and it was great to see some old & new friends.

Lately I have been dealing with some personal things and just taking it slow with my crafting endeavours. Each day gets better than the day before, but I want to admit that it is due to my faith in Christ and the strength that He provides. There are days when I feel that the gift He gave to me in His death & Resurrection are gifts that I do not deserve. I am sure that for those who believe and even those who don't, that we go around hanging our heads in disappointment because we "blew another day" ! Yes, we had a terrible day and everything we touched seem to bring disappointment and frustration. Ever been there? We may have been cross with our family, made a bad call with regards to a friendship, forgot to call your parents and when you did you were rushed once again!!!! Oh my goodness! The list could go on and on I am sure. It is during these times that I become overwhelmed and the frustration of it comes rushing in and disappointment fills my thoughts and the room. I hang my head again because I have blown another day! Another day to be a better Mom, wife, daughter, and friend. That is why today of all days, I am extremely happy that my Heavenly Father doesn't give up on me when I give up on myself. To know that He excepts me just has I am without questions makes me love Him more. Yes, to some reading this it may sound crazy to love someone you can't see! But though I can't see Him with my eyes, His presence fills the room. A calmness, a peace, which can only come from a heavenly source. And it is here that I long for each day, to make everyday a offering of Praise and Thanksgiving! To know that I can start fresh each day knowing that I have no condemnation from a loving God, but mercy & grace to start over and to be given another chance. So the cross to me looks like a Cross of Chances. A place where God saw fit to make a right relationship with me and gave His only Son so that I might truly live!!! For that I am truly blessed!!!
So today's card is a card with the beautiful Digital Image from Clear Dollar Stamps which I fell in love with at first sight. I used this beautiful Easter Stamp:



This card is being submitted to the following challenges:
Come and Get It Colour Challenge
Addicted To Stamps Challenge: Spring or Easter


Colouring Close-Up

This image was coloured with STAEDTLER Products and will be listed at the end of this post. I will admit that this was the first time that I used my Stampin' Up Paper Piercer & Hole Template and that was something challenging I must say! The flowers on this card was an embellishment that I made using several Prima little flowers to create a larger flower. And I must say it turned out better than I expected. The leaves were stamped using Hero Arts Hydrangea flower stamp. I just love that stamp! I really need to get this leaf stamp set because it would make it so much easier! Lol. Oh well another one to add to my list.

I was trying to sew around the scalloped flower die cuts on this card but that looked horrible. So I had to start over again! I wish I could sew like my Mother-in-law! Now there is a lady who can sew and she is left handed too! Something to be proud of for sure!

I hope to be back again tomorrow with some cards for one maybe two Moxie Fab World challenges with the lovely Cath. I trust that you are having a wonderful long Easter weekend and sharing many wonderful memories with your families & friends.
Until next time.....

Take Care & God Bless
Dana







21 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Dana :)
Love your amazing card as always!

Anonymous said...

The reason for the Season...yet again. Lovely card, both in your style and your idea. Thank you for taking part in this week's Come and Get It Challenge.

Kara Lynne said...

I sooo relate to what you are saying, and what you are describing is indeed His grace. Life wouldn't be worth living without it. Thank you for sharing your heart and your card!

Glenis said...

So happy things are much better, God is good all the time.Your card is beautiful you have so much talent to offer to others. Much love

Robin K. said...

Dana - thank you for sharing your poignant and thought provoking words. Your card is so beautiful and truly echoes your thoughts!

Unknown said...

beautiful card! your coloring is always perfection. the image & sentiment are flawless. great design :)

Julie Temple said...

Beautiful Card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Come and Get It this week!

Julie

Karen Letchworth said...

Oh, WOW, Dana! This is such a beautiful seasonal card of celebration! I just love everything about it. I really hope you will consider stopping by Word Art Wednesday - we are the sister site to Stampin' Sisters, and this card would be perfect to also link in our challenge. We'd LOVE to have you join us when you can and share your beautiful work. Hope to see you linking soon!
Be blessed,
Karen L, Blog Administrator
Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Stamp with Angela said...

Easter is a very special time and I am so thankful for what Jesus did for us. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I have days like that too. I love your card and what it portrays.

Pajalu said...

Dana, what a wonderful blog entry. I have just come out of a bout of feeling "blah". So I know where you are coming from. Your card is amazing. I love your card, your colouring is absolutely amazing xoxoxo

Hannelie said...

I just love an Easter card depicting the true meaning of Easter!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Robyn's Fetish!
Hannelie

Maureen Morton said...

Ah, sweetheart - thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. God loves you and we do, too! You are such an amazing gal. This coloring is wonderful - such an act of love. Thanks for all you do - you are so amazing!

Marlies said...

A beautiful Easter card! lovely design and your colouring is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at ATSC, hugs, Marlies

Jennifer said...

Fantastic card! I love your layout and how you've complimented it with the flowers in the photo! Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

Joy said...

Beautiful blending on your creation.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing your thoughts and hope things get better for you with time. Thanks for sharing at Come and Get It.
Cindy

Traci M said...

Beautiful card and lovely colors...love that stamp!! And we all have days of feeling that we've wasted it...I felt like that yesterday. Thank the Lord for new days and his lovingkindness that washes over us every day! Thanks for sharing this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Dana. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I'm really glad you've chosen to play along in our challenges at Word Art Wednesday. As far as the Guest Designer spots go, there is a Contact tab on the top of our blog with Guest Designer application information. I'd be glad to have you! I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work.
Hugs,
Karen L

* Shell B.* said...

Wonderful Card!

Glad to see you join us at Come and Get It Challenges......Good Luck!

Shell~Alaska♥

Judy McKay said...

I like your design, very beautiful card. Thank you for joining in at the Come and Get it Challenges.

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous card Andrea...I'm going to put it on our FB page.

Copyright Notice

All the contents of this blog including but not limited to designs, concepts, and photographs are COPYRIGHT 2009-2014 Dana Colbourne. I have put a lot of work in these creations and would appreciate that you use them for inspiration and enjoyment. They are for personal use only and they are not to be copied or used for publications or contest. Thanks for stopping by and supporting me on this fun journey!